Empower your users to sign up and sign in to your web and mobile apps quickly and easily with Amazon Cognito! Scale access to millions of customers through multiple platforms, including social media.
Implement a secure, frictionless customer identity and access management solution that scales with Amazon Cognito. Part of the AWS family of advances cloud services, Cognito provide a cost-effective and customizable platform with adaptive authentication, support compliance, and data residency requirements.
Scale to millions of users with a fully managed, highly performant identity store, and connect to a broad range of AWS services and products.
- A directory for all your apps and users: Amazon Cognito User Pools provides a secure user directory that scales to hundreds of millions of users. As a fully managed service, User Pools are easy to set up without any worries about server infrastructure. User Pools provide user profiles and authentication tokens for users who sign up directly and for federated users who sign in with social and enterprise identity providers.
- Advanced security features to protect your users: Using advanced security features for Amazon Cognito helps you protect access to user accounts in your applications. These advanced security features provide risk-based adaptive authentication and protection from the use of compromised credentials. With just a few clicks, you can enable these advanced security features for your Amazon Cognito User Pools.
- Access control for AWS resources: Amazon Cognito provides solutions to control access to AWS resources from your app. You can define roles and map users to different roles so your app can access only the authorized resources for each user.
- Standards-based authentication: Amazon Cognito uses common identity management standards including OpenID Connect, OIDC, OAuth 2.0, and SAML 2.0.
- Protection from compromised credentials: Advanced security features for Amazon Cognito helps protect your application users from unauthorized access to their accounts using compromised credentials. When Amazon Cognito detects users have entered credentials that have been compromised elsewhere, it prompts them to change their password.
- Compliance: Cognito is HIPAA eligible and PCI DSS, SOC, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27017, ISO/IEC 27018, and ISO 9001 compliant.
Amazon Cognito is an AWS cloud service that allows businesses and organizations to implement secure, scalable, frictionless customer identity and access management solutions.
- Secure and scalable user directory
- Scale to millions of users
- Social and enterprise identity federation
- Standards-based authentication
- User Pools for scalable directory
- Federate sign-in with OIDC, SAML 2.0
- Security for your apps and users
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Encryption of data-at-rest and in-transit
- Compliant with PCI-DSS, SOC, and more
AWS provides online documentation for Amazon Cognito. For more information and additional support, visit the AWS Knowledge Center.
Need help getting Amazon Cognito deployed? We can help! Contact one of our AWS cloud engineers about your IAM and security goals.