Hardhat is the Web3 developer’s resource for running and testing smart contracts! Manage and automate the recurring processes of building dApps and introduce new functionality for Ethereum.
Hardhat is next-generation Ethereum tooling. A powerful development environment for compiling, deploying, testing, and debugging your Ethereum software, Hardhat helps developers manage and automate the recurring tasks that are inherent to the process of building smart contracts and dApps, as well as easily introducing more functionality around this workflow. This means compiling, running, and testing smart contracts at the very core.
Developing for Web3 and the metaverse requires a full-stack of development resources. Hardhat provides an essential layer in the process, allowing developers to run solidity code locally and debug without dealing with live environments.
- Flexible: Hardhat is designed with flexibility in mind. Change anything you want – even entire out-of-the-box tasks or just parts of them. Hardhat is highly customizable in its design, with few constraints.
- Fast iteration: Feel the need for speed? Keep your momentum going by making your development feedback loop up to 10x faster with Hardhat.
- Hardhat Network: Hardhat comes built-in with Hardhat Network, a local Ethereum network designed for development.
- Debugging-First: Hardhat is the best choice for Solidity debugging, providing Solidity stack traces, console.log, and error messages when transactions fail.
- Hardhat Runner: The CLI command to interact with Hardhat, Hardhat Runner is an extensible task runner designed around the concepts of tasks and plugins. Tasks can call other tasks, allowing complex workflows to be defined. Users and plugins can override existing tasks, making those workflows customizable and extendable.
- Plugin ecosystem: A lot of Hardhat's functionality comes from plugins, and, as a developer, you're free to choose which ones you want to use. You can also extend your capabilities with a composable ecosystem of plugins that add functionality.
- Bring your own tools: Designed to make integrations easy, Hardhat allows you to keep using your existing tools while enabling deeper interoperability between them. Hardhat is unopinionated in terms of what tools you end up using, but it does come with some built-in defaults – all of which can be overridden.
- Typescript: Hardhat provides native support for Typescript, so you can catch mistakes before you even run your code by switching to a typed language.
- Vibrant developer community: Hardhat provides a strong Discord community of users that provide answers to common problems and contribute to the broad plugin ecosystem.
- Trusted by top teams: From OpenZeppelin to Decentraland, leading brands across Web3 and the metaverse rely on Hardhat to tool, test, and debug.
Hardhat is a development environment for compiling, deploying, testing, and debugging decentralized applications (dApps) and smart contracts for Ethereum.
- Highly flexible and customizable
- Improves development feedback loop by 10x
- Built-in local Ethereum development network
- Solidity debugging with stack traces and console.log
- Error messages when transactions fail
- Extensible task runner for managing tasks and plugins
- Composable plugin ecosystem
- Easily integrates with existing tools with built-in defaults
- Native Typescript support
- Discord developer community
- Trusted by top teams at OpenZeppelin, Decentraland, and more
Hardhat has an active Discord community with users across the globe, where you can find answers to questions. Join the conversation at https://discord.com/invite/TETZs2KK4k
For access to Hardhat's developer documentation, visit https://hardhat.org/getting-started
Looking to develop, test, and debug your Web3 dApp? We can help! Trust our team of blockchain experts to help guide your development processes and leverage Hardhat's full set of features and capabilities.